Thursday, September 29, 2016

Verbal Landscapes



Nature impacts everyone's life.  However, for me, nature is very inspirational and I love to just explore everywhere, from my backyard to the woods. I love to collect things from nature, and have quite a collection. Nature is also big in my family, and we try to go on as many hikes and swims as possible. Nature is also very soothing for me, and I try to be in it as much as possible.

Timelapses, such as the ones in my video, are creating by filming a wide view of something for about 10-20 minutes. In this project, we are also required to use environmental tripods to film both timelapses and slow mos. Later, when you import your video footage into Final Cut Pro, you go to the ReTime editing tool, which will let you slow down or speed up your footage. You would speed up a timelapse. For a slow mo, you would do much of the same things. Except, you would do a close or macro view of your subject for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then, you import your footage to Final Cut Pro, and go the ReTime editor, but you would make it slower not faster. Timelapses are sped up so you can see things like clouds moving or waves breaking faster. Slow mo's are slowed down so you can see movement in great detail, like leaves moving or water washing onto rocks.

One of the hardest parts of this project was filming the timelapses and being able to keep still long enough to do it right with no shakiness. Also, the editing has been a bit of a struggle for sure. One of the most fun parts was the filming of the slow mo's and writing the poem. The slow mo's were fun because I filmed some fun things and was pretty easy. The poem was really fun and fairly easy to
write. I love nature, so I definitely had a lot of material to chose form to write my poem.


Our critique is of 27 people viewing your video as a class. Most people, 70%, gave my project a 3.  I think that's pretty much what I think. However 5, people, 18%, did give me a 4 and two people said I had the best video, so I'm very flattered. I definitely feel that some parts are a 4 quality, but some things, like the shakiness, is more of a 3, so it's difficult to pick what grade it is. Two people gave me a 2, which I definitely don't agree with. It is not developing.  I'm glad no one gave me a 1. I agree, with most of the results that I got.









No comments:

Post a Comment